The winter issue of Laine Magazine’s beautiful Nordic-inspired universe will be published this December 16th and we are very happy to find in it the beautiful “Yumi” shawl by designer Thien-Kieu Lam knitted in “golden” Gilliatt in a superb cable pattern.
This new issue features 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 waistcoat, 1 pair of socks by the designers Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Dee Hardwicke, Thien-Kieu Lam, Lotta H Löthgren, Rosa Pomar, Yan Qian, Eri Shimizu, Anna Strandberg and Orlane Sucche.
Visit Laine Magazine 16’s page on Ravelry to discover all the designs.
This issue also includes:
- an interview with Elaine Tom – learn how she became the trusted test knitter for many designers, knitting around 40 sweaters a year!
- an article on how the Craft Museum of Finland preserves cultural heritage and inspires the crafters of today.
- Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lorraine Amagove Mugere, a Kenyan knitwear and crochet designer.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores how you can keep your favourite knits around for longer by taking care of them the right way.
- Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives. In this issue, we meet a knitter in Indonesia.
- seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking
- book reviews
Laine Magazine 16 is available in pre-order here:
Photos by @riikka_kantinkoski
Art direction @tiinavaarakallio
Managing editor @maijakangasluoma